Tuesday, September 28, 2010

earthquake.

Since my parents have never seen Earthquake, I had to ask my grandparents what they thought of it. They told me that during the 1970's when Earthquake was filmed, there weren't a lot of movies that had the action and effects that this movie has (well at least out of the movies they watched). They said that this movie really did panic people and that the movie clearly showed how people's lives were destroyed because of this 7.1 scaled earthquake (people of all classes in society).  In this movie we get to see the use of special filming techniques where the director uses the human body as a scale of measurement. I thought it was interesting how in the clips we watched in class, we could clearly see what scenes were filmed using small scale models such as cars, bridges, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment