Sunday, December 12, 2010

Jim Campbell

Jim Campbell has some incredible installations, some of the best I've seen. I think it is so clever the way he uses all of these elements that some artists never even think of. One of his installations made me laugh because I could easily relate to it. Obsessive Compulsion 1988 is an installation of a woman washing her hands for long periods of time, then it shows her in the shower. A couple years ago I went through a stage were I was overly obsessed with washing my hands to the point where my hands became so dry.

Maybe I'm easily ammused, but I think Jim Campbell's works were he captured the shaddows of people walking are absolutely BRILLIANT! I would absolutely love to do something on the lines of that. I love black and white photography but besides that I think it looks cool and I was so amazed with how he actually accomplished it ( by taking a picture, and in the same spot recording those who are moving in the same setting). I love them all! I am going to post some of my favorites below.

Tourists at World Trade Center

Grand Central Station 

No comments:

Post a Comment