Sunday, October 24, 2010

GRID PROJECT.


For my grid project, I got a picture of Marilyn Monroe, and played with the resolution of the picture in order to make the image have a blurred appearance. As you can see the pixels in this pictures are a lot larger, this is what I used for my grid. I transformed my grid by replaceing the square pixels with hole punched circles from magazines. My goal was to totally change the texture of the image; therefore by using hole punched circles (some circles having words on them) I was able to distort the image as much as I could. While doing this, I tried to match the colors as close as possible to the original image. Although this was a bit time consuming, it relaxed me and I really liked doing it! Enjoyyyy.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I think your grid art is very unique. Must have taken a lot of patience, time, and effort to do it. Good idea on using magizine punch holes, especially with the text. Adds more of a story to it.

    Good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to hear about this project in class, but I did get to see it up close. So cool! I loved the use of hole punched magazine - very creative. You accomplished the image beautifully! I'd love to see it matted and framed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cooool! I loved it! The color really popped out at me! This must have taken you forever to do. Using magazines was a really great idea... very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor, I loved your piece. You put a lot of hard work into it and it came out beautiful! It was so clever that you used a hole puncher. I think the words look really cool too. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that you left the text. Must have been a nightmare with all those dots.

    Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Using the punch holes to create an image was a great idea and you executed it well. I like that u used a magazine to make the hole punches, the glossy effect on the pages gave it an interesting look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This must have taken some amount of time to do but it came out really well. It was a good replication of the original.

    ReplyDelete