Thursday, October 7, 2010

WIRED: Cinema's Evolution

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/cinema-breakthroughs-busts/?pid=1205&viewall=true

I like the idea of this technological timeline for cinemas. It really does show how far technology has come over the years. By reading this article I learned a lot of things I never knew about the entertainment industry. I learned that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs was America's first animated feature film. I also learned that it was filmed in the time of the Great Depression therefore people of all ages went to see it, and it helped remove the stresses of society for  the 83 minutes that the film lasted.

I also found out that the first color 3D film was Bwana Devil. Although it was a flop it remained popular, yet no one knows why. (Possibly because it's said to have "man-eating lions" in it?)
I thought the 360 degree Circle Television was really amazing, even though technology has come a long way since 1955, I would definitely want to go see a film that was playing on a 360 degree screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment