Tuesday, October 5, 2010

mysterious travelers.

http://www.otr.com/Mystery.shtml

When listening to these old radio shows, I find it more affective if you close your eyes. When I listened to Mysterious Travelers with my eyes shut my mind could easily fill in the details of what the characters looked like and the scene they were set it. I like that every time you listen to it, the visuals in your mind of the characters and the setting can change. The perception for everyone can vary from person to person which I feel is an important part of these radio shows because in this case the radios are using technology yet it is still giving the listener room to use his/her imagination. Unlike T.V shows today, the program gives you all of the information you need to understand what is happening. With modern technology, there leaves the viewer no room to experiment and be creative. It is interesting to see what information tuners obtain from entertainment when they are not allowed to use both vision and hearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment